African Real Estate Analyst
Create sophisticated flexible models in Excel from first principles. This course shows how to set up rent functions for a multi-let property including all the standard lease features occurring on the African continent. The unique patterns of African property investment structures are nonetheless set in an International context giving you maximum flexibility when modelling Real Estate assets anywhere in the world.
On this course, you will…
- Revise income mathematics
- Learn how to structure an investment cash flow and how to value and appraise property investments
- Learn how to build lease behaviour into income streams
- Build in different debt structures
- Analyse using sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Employ all the short-cuts and solutions to common modelling problems
Who will benefit from this course?
- Real Estate professionals at any level with exposure to real estate financial models on a frequent basis
- Real Estate Analysts and Investors
- Mid-level to senior Real Estate Analysts who would like to start building their own real estate models quickly, rather than relying solely on coaching from existing team members
- Junior or new Real Estate Analysts who would like to start building their own real estate models quickly, rather than relying solely on coaching from existing team members
- APC candidates who would like the opportunity to consolidate their competencies by understanding how theory and variables interact within the precision context of a financial model.
- Learn how to build a property asset cash flow, analyse geared and un‑geared IRRS.
- Introduction to financial modelling real estate transactions in an international and African context
- Revision of income mathematics and yields
- Single-let discounted cash flow
- Cash flow inputs (rents, yields, growth rates, target returns)
- Analysis and use of date series
- Internal rate of return (IRR) and net present value (NPV)
- Comparing value, price and worth
- Switching between annual and monthly DCF models
- Adding borrowing and analysing geared returns
- Introducing rent reviews and other ‘events’ into cash flows
- The ‘rent function’ concept and logic functions (IF, OR, AND)
- Analysing the IRR for errors (data tables, charting)
- Sensitivity analysis and scenario testing
- Protecting, saving and auditing your work
- Learn how to build a multi-let property cash flow and analyse advanced debt structures.
- The ‘rent function’ and multi-let cash flows
- The ‘date problem’ and assumptions in property asset cash flows
- Pattern of rents in UK, African and international leases
- Reducing the rent function, intermediate calculations and modelling theory
- Modelling lease expiries, break clauses, voids, and upward only covenants
- Incorporating time-varying rental growth rates
- Analysing multi-let cash flows to see if the leases are sufficiently diversified
- Further IRR analysis (XIRR, MIRR)
- Creating annual summaries of quarterly/monthly cash flows
- Modelling stressed cash flows for debt purposes
- Interest only and amortising loans (PMT)
- Debt criteria, rent-weighted minimum interest cover, maximum LTV (SUMIF)
- Data validation, templates, auditing and other functions
We complement all our financial modelling courses with two months’ learning support, to make sure you will fully benefit from our training.
How does it work?
You can contact us at any time and one of our experts will come back to you within two working days. The expert’s time is limited to 10 minutes per inquiry on questions related to the course material only.
One Year Learning Support
We also offer an exclusive learning support for a whole year to assist you whenever you need us. To use this offer contact Kendal Bahadirgil before or after your financial modelling course and request “one year learning support” for the additional fee of only £500 + VAT.