- This course has passed.
Real Estate Analyst
24 November @ 10:00 am - 25 November @ 5:00 pm
24th - 25th November
Real Estate Analyst
Create flexible real estate financial models in Excel. Case studies focus on core, core plus and value add property investments. This course shows you how to model income producing property, build rent functions, model costs and calculate returns. It also shows you how to interpret and analyse the results. The Real Estate Analyst course has been taught non-stop to global real estate firms over the last 20 years, and is without doubt the core financial modelling training in your career portfolio.
On this course, you will…
- Learn how to structure an investment cash flow from first principles and how to value and appraise property investments
- Build annual and quarterly discounted cash flows
- Look in depth at modelling tenancy schedules: rent reviews, upward-only, break options, lease expiry
- Build OPEX and CAPEX into your cash flow
- Analyse risk using sensitivity tables and charts
- Employ best practice and find solutions to common modelling problems
Who will benefit from this course?
- Real Estate Analysts and Investors
- Portfolio Analysts
- Investment Managers
- Real Estate professionals at any level with exposure to real estate financial models on a frequent basis
- Mid-level to senior Real Estate Analysts who would like to start building their own real estate models quickly, rather than relying solely on coaching from existing team members
- Junior or new Real Estate Analysts who would like to start building their own real estate models quickly, rather than relying solely on coaching from existing team members
- APC candidates who would like the opportunity to consolidate their competencies by understanding how theory and variables interact within the precision context of a financial model.
Know how to build a multi-let property cash flow and apply the concepts on a hypothetical case study.
- The ‘Rent Function’ and Multi-let cash flows
- The ‘date problem’ and assumptions in property asset cash flows
- Reducing the rent function, intermediate calculations and modelling theory
- Modelling lease expiries, break clauses, voids, and upward only covenants
- Incorporating time-varying rental growth rates
- Analysing multi-let cash flows to see if the leases are sufficiently diversified
- Further IRR analysis (XIRR, MIRR)
We complement all our financial modelling courses with two months’ learning support, to make sure you will fully benefit from our training.
How does it work?
You can contact us at any time and one of our experts will come back to you within two working days. The expert’s time is limited to 10 minutes per inquiry on questions related to the course material only.
One Year Learning Support
We also offer an exclusive learning support for a whole year to assist you whenever you need us. To use this offer contact Kendal Bahadirgil before or after your financial modelling course and request “one year learning support” for the additional fee of only £500 + VAT.