An Introduction to Real Estate
A one-day course to help you understand the real estate sector, its characteristics and its importance to the general economy. This course will help anyone supporting or moving into the sector with the knowledge and tools to communicate effectively with real estate professionals. By the end of the course delegates will have gained key skills in Real Estate Investment strategy and Analytics. They will also become familiar with the players, structure, general terminology and overall needs of Real Estate.
On this course, you will…
- Learn what is Real Estate and why it is different from other asset classes
- Get to grips with the overall size and structure of the UK Real Estate Market
- Learn and analyse the links between the different parts of the property market
- Understand who works in the Real Estate Market, their qualifications and their job descriptions
- Recognise how and when to use basic real estate concepts: Rent, Value, Yield, Risk and Return, etc…
- Learn how to read a real estate market report
- Understand how current affairs, politics and economics affects Real Estate Investment
- Use household names and iconic companies, cities and buildings to help consolidate your appreciation of this exciting sector
Who will benefit from this course?
- Professionals outside the field (e.g. Lawyers, Lenders, Recruitment Professionals, Public Servants etc.) who regularly work with property companies
- Customer Service Employees who interacts with Real Estate Firms
- Junior employees in the HR department of Real Estate Firms Professionals in other sector interested in changing their career path to the Real Estate sector
- Recent non-cognate Graduates interested in entering the field of Real Estate
Real Estate or Property?
What is Real Estate
- Physical characteristics
- Investment characteristics
Why buy Real Estate?
How big is the UK Real Estate market?
- Total size and size of various sub sectors
Key Real Estate Market Locations, Sale Prices and Rents
The Property Market system
- The Occupier market
- The Investment market
- The Property Development market
- The Land market
- How the four markets interact and make money
How to calculate Sale Price and Real Estate Returns
How to read a Real Estate market report
How many famous properties do you know?
- How much did they cost to build?
- Who occupies these buildings?
- Are they good value for money?
Who works in Real Estate and what do they do?
Typical Real Estate CVs
- Education and Experience
- Professional bodies and accreditations
- Typical career paths
Real Estate Professionals and the Real Estate Lifecycle
- The Investment lifecycle
- The Development lifecycle
Real Estate Companies’
- Types of property company
- Organisational structure
- Typical wages and employment benefits
- Accessibility, CSR and Diversity
- Related industries
Real Estate Networks
The future of Real Estate
Price: £500 + VAT*
Number of days: One day
Course type: Strategy
How to Book
Please select a location to view the available dates.