Learn the tools to describe and understand Cities. Whatever your role is in Real Estate, knowing how cities work is fundamental to your ability to spot trends and opportunities. Today, this knowledge is also essential to your credibility as a modern Real Estate professional. This interesting course will walk you through the evolution of thinking on Cities in the context of data, gathered using modern methods. The course will also provide you with the calculations underlying many of the rankings now available and explore their application in different scenarios. You will also learn how to harness the opportunities afforded by the Smart Cities concept.
On this course you will…
- Learn who is driving the current thinking on Cities
- Review modern methods of data collection from the urban environment
- Spot trends in urban form and changing Land use patterns
- Understand City Rankings and how they are used
- Calculate a variety of metrics to help you understand any given City
- Understand the impact of, and benefit from, the adoption of Smart Technology
Who will benefit from this course?
- Real Estate Investors and Developers
- Fund Managers
- Local Authorities and City Planners
- Real Estate Investment Advisors
- Regeneration Professionals
- Insurance Professionals
- Credit Underwriters
- Real Estate Technology Entrepreneurs
- Sustainability Professionals
What is a city for?
- Why do we form cities?
- Outside cities – Built environment and nature
- Why do we need to think about cities?
- What do we want for cities? How do we shape them?
How does a city work?
- Settlements, morphology and spatial structure of cities
- Transport and other infrastructure
- Social infrastructure
- Environment and climate change
- Social/cultural, economic/financial and human capitals.
City metrics and ranking
- City rankings and metrics – what, who, how and why?
- Data and modelling – can data lie?
- Application of measures – how metrics help city planning, development and asset management/operation.
- Measuring what we value – measures as means to an end.
The future of our cities – smart cities
- Opportunities to be smarter – use of data and digital technologies
- Digital technologies in cities
- Beyond digital – trends and future aspirations.
Classroom-based: £950 + VAT
Online: £850 +VAT
Number of days: One day
Course type: Strategy
How to Book
Available Methods of Delivery
Contact our team: