Learn how to adapt your modelling skills to meet the requirements of a hotel asset. From the modelling of the hotel operation to capital structure of the acquisition (debt and equity), this course will show you how to independently assess the performance of a hotel acquisition project. This course will give you the fundamental knowledge, skills, and practice to be able to make business decisions related to hotel investments.
Global hotel transaction volumes continue to increase, given hotel’s relatively attractive yield profile. Those individuals who know how to model the peculiarities of this asset class are gaining a valuable competitive edge. Invest in your future with this one-day course by learning how to model a hotel asset to make better investment decisions.
On this course you will…
- Review the economics and structure of hotel market
- Analyse the main growth drivers, business models and organizational forms of the international hospitality industry
- Model the financial impact of the main operational contract types
- Learn the key performance indicators of a hotel operation
- Effectively interpret financial information of a hotel (incl. USALI)
- Examine the different methods of hotel valuation
- Make better hotel acquisition decisions
Structure of the Hotel Market
- Hospitality and tourism market
- Products, business models and new trends
- Types of operational contracts
- Case study: Analysis of the strategy of an international hotel chain
Financial Analysis of a Hotel Operation
- Calculation of Hospitality Key Performance Indicators
- Benchmarking of hotel operations
- The Uniform System of Account for the lodging industry (USALI)
- Analysis of financial ratios
- Case study: Analysis of sample financial statements
Hotel Acquisition Model
- Methods of hotel valuation
- Asset management strategies for hotel investment
- Overview of hotel capital market
- Principles of the capital structure (Equity & Debt)
- Case Study: Valuation of a single hotel acquisition
- Case Study: Valuation of a hotel chain
We complement all our financial modelling courses with two months’ learning support, to make sure you will fully benefit from our training.
How does it work?
You can contact us at any time and one of our experts will come back to you within two working days. The expert’s time is limited to 10 minutes per inquiry on questions related to the course material only.
Classroom-based: £1,500 + VAT
Online: £1,250 +VAT
Number of days: One day
Course type: Financial Modelling
Pre-requisite: Real Estate Analyst or Real Estate Investor
How to Book
Available Methods of Delivery
Contact our team: